Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale
Gotta love all things Hendersonville, TN!
You can find it here, whether it’s a Condo, Retirement Home, Luxury Home on the Lake or Acreage property. Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale – the best of all worlds! It is located in Sumner County, but just a few minutes northeast of downtown Nashville. It has a population of almost 60,000 with an average household income of nearly $65,000. Hendersonville sits on the banks of Old Hickory Lake, which is actually a dam on the Cumberland River. It’s a very scenic, family-friendly community with great shopping, restaurants…and no shortage of fun things to do. Home prices are currently averaging $315,000, but you can certainly spend some serious money on a luxury lakefront property. Don’t miss taking a look at Gallatin and all it has to offer. This is a financially stable area and a great place to live and raise your family! Interested in market activity? Check out our informative market reports. These are prepared for both Hendersonville and Gallatin real estate markets. Retirement in your future? Be sure to consider Hendersonville!
We know you have many real estate website choices when searching for Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale! We truly appreciate your being here with us. Thank You!!
Hendersonville TN Zip Codes
Hendersonville TN Zip Codes are 37075 and 37077. 37077 is used mainly for post office box addresses.
What’s Your Hendersonville Home Worth Right Now?Get Your Answer in 15 Seconds!
Weather in Hendersonville 37075
Like all of Middle Tennessee, we have four (4) distinct seasons. Spring and fall are absolutely beautiful, winters are short and mild but summers are hot and humid with temperatures frequently in the upper 90’s. Because we have very little snow, there is no snow removal equipment other than a few salt trucks. Consequently, if we do have a snow event, most of the schools will close until it clears up. We do have an occasional ice storm, which will also shut things down. Tornadoes? Yes, but we have more ‘alerts’ than actual tornadoes. In the 30+ years that I’ve lived here, there have only been a few that caused considerable damage. I have noticed that, for some reason, many times when we have a bad weather forecast – most of those weather systems go south and east of us. Or go above us into Kentucky. We really do miss a lot of the bad weather. The location of Hendersonville is great because we are too far north and west for hurricanes to do any damage, and too far south for the blizzards that hit the northern states.
Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale – Residential Sales for Past 10 Years – List Price vs. Sale Price for 2007-2017
It’s interesting to see how residential sales prices have changed over the past 10 years. Here is a quick look at median prices in Hendersonville:
How Far is Hendersonville TN from Nashville TN?
Hendersonville TN Hotels
- Hyatt Place – 330 E. Main Street – 615-826-4301 Rates from $104
- Holiday Inn Express – 615 E. Main Street – 615-824-0022 – Rates from $110
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – 303 Indian Lake Blvd. – 615-590-8998 – Rates from $134
- Hampton Inn & Suites – 111 Saundersville Road – 615-751-5066 – Rates from $155
- Relax Inn – 179 W. Main Street – 615-822-4240 – Rates from $63
- In-Town Suites – 1027 W. Main Street – 615-826-7798 – Call for Rates
Hendersonville TN Restaurants
Hendersonville offers quite a few casual and upscale restaurants and several local, country-style cafes. Since we are so close to Nashville, many people take advantage of the numerous high-end restaurants downtown if they are looking for fine-dining. Take a look at this video to see some of our restaurant offerings.
Where is the Johnny Cash Home?
The home of the late Johnny & June Cash is located on Caudill Drive in Hendersonville. And it’s a Hendersonville TN Home for Sale.
It is actually the home showcased in the movie, ‘Walk the Line’.
After their deaths in 2003, the property was purchased by famed Bee Gee’s singer, Barry Gibb. Barry was in the process of renovating the house when an accidental fire completely destroyed it. Apparently some workers were spraying a wood preservative on interior walls, and the HVAC people came in and lit a blowtorch for some work they needed to do. The house burned in less than an hour. To date, the house has never been rebuilt. For being such a short street, Caudill Drive has had more than its’ share of famous residents. A couple of doors down from the Cash property is the former home of Roy Orbison. Next door to this house is the former home of Marty Stuart and Connie Smith. A long section of U.S. Highway 31E that intersects Caudill Drive has been renamed “Johnny Cash Parkway”. Be sure to drive down this street when you are in town.
More Homes for Sale in Hendersonville TN
Hendersonville TN Jobs
There are not a lot of factory employment opportunities in Hendersonville. You will find numerous small offices, retain shops, doctor’s offices and restaurant with possible job openings. Many people that live in Hendersonville actually work in Nashville and make the short commute. Here is a short list of possibilities that you might consider:
- Hendersonville Tri-Star Hospital – 615-338-1000
- Lowes Home Improvement – 615-822-3995
- Alladin Temp Rite (Thermos) – 615-537-3600
- MGM Industries (Glass) – 615-824-6572
- Brauer Material Handling (Forklifts) – 615-859-2930
- Betty Machine Company – 615-826-6004
- Crescent Fine Furniture – 615-452-1671
- Crowley Tool Company – 615-825-5594
- DredgeMasters International – 615-822-3500
- Novita Technologies – 615-866-7414
Hendersonville TN Schools
Merroll Hyde Magnet School has grades K-12, with approximately 675 students. It is the only magnet school in Sumner County and it’s ranked 3rd in the State. They adhere to the Paideia philosophy, and have a strict admission criteria with a waiting list for enrollment.
John Paul II High School is a Catholic preparatory school (grades 9-12) with a large 66-acre campus in Hendersonville. Students from all around the region attend JPII.
There are 3 Public High Schools:
- Hendersonville High School
- Beech High School
- Station Camp High School
5 Middle Schools:
- Ellis Middle School
- Hawkins Middle School
- Knox Doss Middle School
- Station Camp Middle School
- T.W. Hunter Middle School
8 Elementary Schools:
- Jack Anderson Elementary
- Beech Elementary
- William Burrus Elementary
- George Whitten Elementary
- Indian Lake Elementary
- Lakeside Park Elementary
- Madison Creek Elementary
- Gene Brown Elementary
Hendersonville TN Land/Lots for Sale
Things to Do in Hendersonville TN
Where can we start? There is no shortage of things to do in Hendersonville TN. This is a very active community with something always going on. In addition to all the numerous sports activities at the local parks, and activities at the YMCA, here is a list of things to do for the whole family:
- Exit Tactics – Room Escape Games & Fun 615-431-5600
- Sweetwater Pontoon Rental – Boat Rentals/Tours – 615-926-5495
- Golf at Country Hills – Public Golf Course – 615-824-1100
- Historic Rock Castle – Tours, Concerts, Events – 615-824-0502
- Fishing Tournaments – throughout the summer on Old Hickory Lake
- Visit the Long Hollow Winery – 615-859-5559
- Hendersonville Freedom Festival – Food/Live Music at Rock Castle – Rotary fundraiser
- July 4th Celebration – One of the best in the State at Victory Park
- Long Hollow Jamboree – Live Music/Dancing & Country Cookin’ – 615-824-4445
- Painting with a Twist – Painting Classes & Fun – 615-431-9963
- Christmas4Kids – Awesome! A literal parade of Country Music Star Tour Buses roll through town and park at the local Walmart. Of course you can tour the buses – but the main focus is providing Christmas for needy kids. 400 kids will have lunch with Santa and a shopping spree. Each child is given $150 to spend at Walmart for anything they wish. Want to volunteer to chaperone and help one of the kids shop? What a great evening!!
- Mary’s Magical Place – (Coming Soon) A playground that caters to children with special needs along with their families and friends. It will be located at Veterans Park – Highway 386 at Indian Lake Boulevard.
- Monthaven Arts & Cultural Center – Located at 1154 W. Main Street, this Historic Home was once used as a Civil War hospital. It is currently home to the Hendersonville Arts Council. They offer tours, classes and events.
- Sumner County Artists and Artisians Studio Tour – self guided tours of local studios – November
- Bark Avenue’s Canine Cutie Pageant – Dress up your pets and maybe they’ll win!!
- Breakfast with Santa/Photos – Bluegrass Country Club
- 2 Christmas Parades – One great parade through town – and the other is a Boat Parade with decorated boats floating down the lake. Beautiful!
Be sure to take a look at Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale when you are considering a move to Middle Tennessee!
Hendersonville TN YMCA
The Hendersonville Family YMCA is very popular in the community. Located at 102 Bluegrass Commons (just off Highway 31E)…here are just a few things they offer for all age groups:
- Indoor Cycling
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Indoor Therapy Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Sauna, Steam Room & Whirlpool
- Small group and Personal training
- Yoga, Pilates and Zumba
- Senior exercise classes for Cardio and Arthritis
Give them a call at 615-826-9622
Hendersonville TN Library
Located at 140 Saundersville Road, this awesome 38,000 s.f. library was built in 2008. They offer story time for pre-schoolers, movie nights, adult classes and more throughout the year. They are open Monday through Thursday and Saturday from 12:00-4:00 pm. The library can be reached at 615-824-0656.
Hendersonville TN Churches
There are so many churches that I can’t list them all – but here are a few of the larger ones:
- First Baptist – 106 Bluegrass Commons – 615-824-6154
- Long Hollow Baptist – 3031 Long Hollow Pike – 615-824-4006
- Community Church – 381 W. Main St. – 615-826-0042
- The Church at Indian Lake – 1004 Drakes Creek Road – 615-826-6222
- Hendersonville Church of Christ – 107 Rockland Road – 615-824-6622
- First United Methodist Church – 217 E. Main – 615-824-8725
- Good Shepherd Methodist Church – 525 New Shackle Island – 615-822-4531
- Center Point General Baptist – 1002 Center Point Road – 615-822-4450
- Indian Lake Peninsula Church – 235 Indian Lake Road – 615-824-0001
- Life Church – 120 Indian Lake Road – 615-338-7241
- GodWhy Church – 100 God Why Court – 615-822-5550
- St. Joseph of Arimathea Episcopal Church – 103 Country Club Drive – 615-824-2910
- St. Timothy Lutheran Church – 650 E. Main Street – 615-824-6244
- First Presbyterian Church – 172 W. Main Street – 615-824-8604
- Lifepointe Church – 768 Forest Retreat Road – 615-439-7434
- Lakeview Church of Christ – 132 New Shackle Island – 615-824-1376
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church – 1729 Stop 30 Road – 615-824-3276
- Hendersonville Seventh Day Adventist Church – 118 Anderson Lane N – 615-822-1466
- Calvary Chapel at Long Hollow – 1001 Willis Branch Road – Goodlettsville 615-851-3088
Hendersonville TN Hospital
The Hendersonville Hospital is part of the Tri-Star family of medical centers, which are located all around the Nashville area. This facility has an accredited Chest Pain Center as well as a Primary Stroke Center. It has Sumner County’s only Neonatal Intensive Care unit. Located near the Highway 386 By-Pass at New Shackle Island Road.
Hendersonville TN Real Estate Agents
Hendersonville TN Homes for Sale