Nashville is fun all year long – but now it’s all dressed up for Christmas! Seems like everywhere you go, there is something to do. Here are just a few things to do and places to go for Christmas fun in Nashville.
One of my favorites is Christmas4Kids in Hendersonville! Come early for the fun of watching the parade of 60-70 Country Music Star’s tour buses roll into town. They end up at the Walmart parking lot and open them up for tours. But, the real reason for the fun is knowing that underprivileged children will have an awesome Christmas. There is a fund-raising concert earlier in the year, and each child is given $150 to spend however they wish. Local volunteers chaperone the kids and it’s great fun for all! This year, it’s on December 11th – from 5:00-9:00. Shopping is on December 12 from 10:00-10:00. Hope to see you there!
Dancing Lights of Christmas
Dancing Lights of Christmas in Lebanon is open each day at 5:00. Drive through and enjoy the dancing lights that are sychronized with music that you can tune in on your car radio.
The cost is $25 per vehicle. It’s at the James E. Ward Agricultural Center – Jennystone Park – 945 Baddour Parkway in Lebanon.
Visit Cheekwood Holiday Lights – You’ll find reindeer, Christmas carolers, and more. The cost is $14-$27 for non-members.
There’s even a Nashville Holiday Lights Jeep Tour. This is a 90-minute tour of the downtown area to see the sights and sounds of Nashville at Christmas!
Christmas in Nashville TN
- Vince Gill & Amy Grant have Christmas concerts at the Ryman.
- TPAC – Tennessee Performing Arts Center – has ‘A Christmas Story’ – Tickets are $25…and ‘Nashville’s Nutcracker Ballet’
- Nashville Zoo has Victorian Christmas tours
- The Country Music Hall of Fame – want to see a concert? What better time than Christmas?
- Take a Holiday Cruise on the General Jackson Showboat!
- The Fontanel Mansion is having a Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Fiddle Dee Farms has Santa’s Elves’ Workshop and a Mistletoe Kissing Booth – Tickets $13+
- Monell’s Restaurant is having a Victorian Christmas.
- Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre has a “Tuna Christmas” and “Twas the Night Before Christmas”
- Grayline Tours are offering Holiday Tours!
- Nashville Farmer’s Market is having Breakfast with Santa December 12-16 from 9:00-12:00
More Nashville Christmas Events!
- Schermerhorn Symphony is offering Handel’s Messiah – December 14-17…and A Johnnyswim Christmas December 8th and 19th. On December 23, they are offering ‘Sing! An Irish Christmas’
- Centennial Park is having a Music City Winterfest with local music, food, drinks, crafts and a beer garden.
- Catch the Christmas Cabaret at the Belmont Mansion
- Local Nashville Artists will be performing in the Musician’s Corner of the Music City Winery December 22 and 23.
- The Belcourt Theatre is showing ‘A Wonderful Life’ – 35mm film
- The Adventure Science Center is having ‘Winter Wonders Weekends’ – with winter sports and a dazzling Aurora Borealus.
- Shop at the Christmas Village at the Nashville Fairgrounds on the 9th and 11th.
- Catch the football game at the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. Kentucky is playing Northwestern. Outside on Broadway, you’ll find the Fan Zone and a Battle of the Bands.
Gaylord Nashville Christmas
Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville is not to be missed anytime of the year – but especially at Christmas! It’s gorgeous – gorgeous – gorgeous!! It’s a destination in itself! The Christmas decorations – live music – Carriage Rides, Ice Skating and Gingerbread Decorating – it’s truly amazing! Eat in one of the Restaurants in the Conservatory – or just walk around and take it all in – you’ll be impressed!
You can take a boat ride through the hotel. Or have a drink and watch the world go by! Or shop ’till you drop!
A Nashville Christmas will make your Holiday Season something to remember! We hope to see you in Nashville!! Y’All Come!
If all this isn’t enough, catch New Year’s Eve at the Bash on Broadway! Concerts – and Fireworks on the Cumberland at midnight!